The Manchester Airport Watch Scheme was launched in 2013 and now has hundreds of members.
The scheme is aimed at Aviation Enthusiasts who regularly visit Manchester Airport and has the following objectives:
· To foster closer co-operation between Greater Manchester Police and Aviation Enthusiasts
· To enable bonafide Aviation Enthusiasts to be easily identified
· To provide a reliable source of information and intelligence on possible terrorist threats
The benefits of joining the scheme include the following:
· A unique identification badge and lanyard to be worn when at or around Manchester airport
· An annual seminar held by Greater Manchester Police for all scheme members
· Regular “Behind the Scenes Tours” for scheme members who are also members of TAS and attend the TAS Social Evenings
The Manchester Airport Watch Scheme is a partnership between Greater Manchester Police, Manchester Airport Group & The Aviation Society (TAS)
A fee of £7.00 is required at the time of application. This fee pays for the processing of your Airport Watch scheme ID pass by Manchester Airport.
Application forms for the scheme are available online here :-
TAS SOCIAL EVENINGS
THE TAS SHOP AT THE RVP